AudioVisual Technician – Entry Level
The ProMedia Group is a growing AV systems integration company. We design, install and commission auditoriums, board rooms, conference rooms and building-wide audio systems.
We are passionate about our work, operate as a team and believe that our people make all the difference. Successful candidates are eager to develop their professional career and care deeply about what they do.
Our office is in Tampa, Florida and 90% of our projects are in central Florida. Candidates must have reliable transportation. Company transportation will be provided during work hours.
The opening is for an AV technician with a strong work ethic, professional demeanor and passion for technology. Successful candidates must display good customer service skills that include good oral and written communication.
Hours and Pay:
This opening is an hourly position. Salary commensurate with experience. Typical hours are Monday – Friday 8:00 am – 5:00pm. Occasionally we will require earlier and/or later hours.
- High School diploma or the equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-employment background check process (includes drug screen)
- Must be able to travel to and from job site
- Safety Conscious
- Comfortable with Technology
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in accordance with company’s policies and/or client operating hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule when needed.
- Must comply with dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work overtime when required.
- Must be able to travel for 2-5 days when needed.
- Capable of lifting 50lbs or more
- Capable of climbing and working from ladders, lifts, etc.
- Willingness to comply with all company, customer and OSHA safety standards
Audio Visual Technician that is responsible for setting up, installing, operating, testing, and troubleshooting audio and video equipment. Responsibilities:
- Set up and install equipment such as microphones, speaker systems, projection screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, connecting wires and cables, and sound and mixing boards.
- Install monitors, speakers, racks, wire into an operational system.
- Ensure equipment is installed according to designated project/ engineering documents.
- Test and resolve equipment issues.
- Solder and use crimp connectors.
- Read and interpret electronic schematics and architectural plans and drawings.
- Proficient in professional installation techniques.
- Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Proficiency in Windows: Outlook
- Highly motivated and organized. Able to maintain accurate documentation as required.
- Must be comfortable working off ladders
If you are interested in applying for this position please complete the form located at the bottom of this page.